Myrtle Beach, SC, Dallas, TX, Orlando, FL & Washington, D.C. December 15, 2010—Highland Global Business Valuations announced today that its senior business appraiser and founder, Robert M. Clinger III, has participated in two separate on-line interviews for CompanyFounder.com.
The first interview for the Entrepreneur Maestro Series focuses on valuation and exit strategy issues for entrepreneurs. The roughly forty-five minute interview covered topics such as:
- Why should entrepreneurs care what the business is worth?
- How early should entrepreneurs start planning to maximize the value of their business?
- Which approach is most relevant for early stage businesses?
- What are the common exit strategies for business owners including, selling the company to another company or individual buyer?
- What is the difference between a financial buyer and a strategic buyer?
- How are entrepreneurs funding the startup and/or growth of their businesses these days?
- Is it possible to fund a business with money from your 401k?
- What is the status of the SBA lending program these days?
The second interview focuses on the process of selling a privately-held business. The roughly forty minute interview covered topics such as:
- Making the decision to sell.
- Identifying potential acquirers.
- Sending out non-confidential summaries.
- Preliminary due diligence.
- Receiving and analyzing LOIs from interested parties.
- Closing the deal.